cfSOFTWARE FTP upload instructions
Instructions for uploading files to the cfSOFTWARE Technical Support FTP server:
Please note that all Web browsers do not handle FTP uploads. If the Web
browser you are using does not support FTP uploads you can use the FTP
program of your choice. One of those choices can be C:\WINDOWS\FTP.EXE
if you are running Microsoft Windows 95 or Microsoft Windows NT.
Please follow these steps below to send us your files.
FTP programs are available at sites like www.tucows.com
if you need to acquire one.
If your Web browser supports FTP uploads, or you are attempting to perform an
FTP download, you may go directly to the technical support
File Library. You can upload
the file using drag and drop.
- Direct your FTP program to the FTP site: FTP.CFSOFT.COM.
- Change the directory to the FROMUSER directory.
- Select a Transfer Mode of BINARY.
- Send your file. Please be sure to have previously compressed the file
with a product like PKZIP.
- Please note that you will NOT be able to see your uploaded files afterward. The UPLOADS
directory is a protected directory and can not be accessed remotely for viewing or
downloading but you will be warned if the filename you are attempting to send already exists.
Specific directions using FTP.EXE
FTP.EXE is a text mode FTP program that is included with Microsoft Windows 95
and Microsoft Windows NT. FTP.EXE can be executed from the RUN item in the
START MENU. You can use this program to upload files to the
cfSOFTWARE Technical Support ftp site. There are two directories you may access.
One is the invisible "FROMUSER" directory, and the other is the
visible "TOUSER" directory. If you are sending files to someone
in Technical Support, please use the FROMUSER directory (you will not be able
to send files to the TOUSER directory).
- Start C:\WINDOWS\FTP.EXE from the RUN item in the START MENU. You will see a
DOS window appear, with an FTP prompt.
- Type "?" and you will see a list of accepted commands.
- At the ftp> prompt, type: "open
- For User name, enter "anonymous".
- For Password, enter your e-mail address.
- Type: "cd FROMUSER" (place a
space in between; a backslash may not work).
- Type: "BINARY" .
- Type: "send c:\folder\file.ext"
where folder is the directory path to the file you are uploading, and
file.ext is the file name including the extension.
- Type: "close" when the transfer
- Type: "quit" to exit the
program and return to Windows
Home page |
Tech Support page